Floralsense Academy is established with the aim of bringing more knowledge and awareness to those who are interested to explore and venture into the wedding industry in particular. The Academy has gathered a team of professionals from within the industry including wedding experts, consultants and tutors who are passionate about their work and are willing to share their experiences. This group of professionals run their own businesses within the wedding industry and has a wealth of knowledge to share. The Academy is a specialist school and only offers courses that relate to the wedding and event industry.
With the combined expertise of more than 20 years in the wedding industry, we have built a program designed specifically for wedding planners and event coordinators that is practical, easy to understand and will help make your ideal wedding business a reality. Our tutors are with you every step of the way to hold your hand and help you get the most out of your learning experience. You will also have the opportunity to meet with the wedding industry players during our workshops or familiarization visits.MORE INFO
- Understanding the wedding industry
- What is required of a wedding planner & coordinator
- How to create a wedding budget and timeline
- How to create & design a wedding
- How to select the right vendors
- How to set up your wedding planning business
- How to develop professional relationships and grow your business
- What to keep in mind when working with clients
- Pioneer Wedding Planning Academy in the northern region of Malaysia.
- Instructors with passion to pass knowledge and impart new skills.
- The combined experience of more than 20 years in the wedding industry.
- Ample opportunities for students to participate and assist in real weddings
- Hands-on learning from key players of various wedding & event-related industries.
- Member of Association for Wedding Professional International (AFWPI)
- Member of Weddings Beautiful International.
Meet The Trainers
Jason Tan, Chief Consultant of Significant Weddings & Events Consultant has been in the wedding industry for over 10 years and has been involved in more than 100 weddings and events. Prior to that, he was a project manager with a training company in which he had to oversee all planning and coordination of his team.
TAN SUAN BEE
A chartered accountant by qualification, Suan Bee was working with an investment bank before venturing out on 2002 to start-off a wedding planning business. She is the founder of Touching Hearts Wedding Concepts; a wedding planning company based in Penang and one of the pioneers to start off wedding planning in Malaysia. She and C Hun have been running it for the past 10 years. They have arranged and coordinated many weddings in different venues and of different styles and culture.
LAU C HUN
C Hun who qualified as an associate member of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators is the co-founder of Touching Hearts Wedding Concepts. He was working with an investment bank before venturing out to start-off the wedding planning business. Together with Suan Bee, they have established themselves in the wedding industry and in the wedding planning business and have built a good rapport with the industry players and service providers.
It will be an invaluable opportunity to learn from these three professionals as they share their knowledge, skills and experiences and at the same time guide you step-by-step during the whole course.
- Language : English & Mandarin
- Course duration : 4 months (classes) + 4 months (on-site training)
- Classes : Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Time : 7.00pm – 9.30pm
- Entry requirements : Interest & Passion to venture into the wedding industry!
Floralsense Academy is located strategically in the heart of Pulau Tikus, Penang Island, Malaysia. This area has ample food outlets and accommodation. The Academy is easily accessible via public transport. The bus stops are located nearby.
Chea Tian & Ee Ling
Dear Jason, thank you so much for being there on our big day！Not only you advice us on what to do, how to prepare for our wedding, you even help us by making sure everything is smooth on our big day.
Dez & Mint
Thank you for doing a “spectacular” job on the flower arrangements, and we wish you the very best of success in your industry. We will definitely recommend your services to others
Mr & Mrs Narinder Singh Gill
We appreciate your dedication and hard work in making our wedding such a beautiful one. Thank you and keep up the good work.
Jump Start Your Career
Upon your graduation, you will have the opportunity to join the industry as a certified professional who is ready to begin a career at wedding consultant firms, event management companies, bridal houses, hotels or be self-employed (freelance) in related industries.
Jobs with hotels or event management companies may be advertised in the local and national press, in hospitality trade publications and on employers’ own websites.
If you are self-employed, opportunities will depend on the strength of your marketing and reputation.CONTACT US NOW